Friday, June 27, 2008

8,401

That's how many days I have been alive. Which also breaks down to 1,200 weeks or 276 months. And roughly 201,624 hours or 12,097,440 minutes or 725,846,400 seconds as of midnight.

Today's my 23 birthday.

I feel as if this is the year. This is the year things are going to happen. Don't ask me why. Or how I know. I don't know. I just feel it.

I am not going to lie and say I have the world figured out. I don't. And if someone tells you they do, they're lying. I do, however, have myself figured out. For the most part. Sometimes I still do and say things I don't understand. But I know who I am and what I want and where I'm going, which is an amazing feeling.

I plan to chronicle my 23rd year of life with this blog. This year I will be in grad school, working toward a license to teach high school journalism and a master's in secondary education. I will be observing classrooms and student teaching. This year is going to have its ups and downs. But it is going to be a good year. Good things are going to happen.

After all, this is the year. I can feel it.

No comments: